Region: Central North
Location: Liffey Falls State Reserve
Where: 51 minutes drive from Launceston
Walk time: 1.5 hours
Walk distance: 8km
Difficulty level: Easy
24 April 2016
WOW is all I can say!! Yesterday I got to experience the beauty of Liffey Falls. It is the prettiest most majestic place I have ever been to!! A walk filled with so many wonderful things.
HOW TO GET THERE:
-Drive about 51 minutes drive from Launceston.
-When you get to the fork in the road at Liffey State reserve take the lower road as the walk starts from the camp ground.
- Make sure to check out both the upper smaller falls as well as the lower larger falls. Both very different but very pretty
- It's a very pretty spot where you can pitch your tent or take your camper.
- Camp fires allowed, thank goodness because you need one in Tassie at this time of year.
- We walked up the side of the bank to the top of the larger falls up there is a beautiful swimming hole and if you're crazy like me you won't
be able to resist taking a dip even if the water is so cold your skin burns.
- It can be dangerous on the slippery rocks at the falls and climbing the steep bank to the top of the fall so take care and proceed at your
- I didn't see a lot of wildlife but in the morning was woken by the sweet sounds of kookaburras.
- Take lots of warm clothes and bedding because it's in a valley it gets VERY cold of a night and early morning.