Ronny Creek to Kitchen Hut (Overland Track)
Region: North West
Location: Cradle Mountain
Where: 1 hour 58 minutes drive from Launceston
Walk time: 7 hours return
Walk distance: 9.8km
Difficulty level: Medium
10 August 2016
Today we jumped in the car and headed down the southern outlet for a walk at Pelverata Falls. There are a couple of different ways to drive there. We went the long way so I have posted the short way that we took on the way back home on. The walk was nice, but probably not one of my favourites. Due to the time of year, and lack of rain, the falls were dry but it would be quite spectacular in the wetter months.
At least I can now tick it off the bucket list.
HOW TO GET THERE:
- Drive from Hobart towards Kingston, keep on the A6 highway. Turn off at Sandfly Rd and then turn right onto Pelverata Road.
- Continue on Pelverata until you reach a sign saying Pelverata Falls Carpark 1km and you have reached your destination.
- From the car park there is a small narrow track that goes into the scrub. Take this.
- You will hit a makeshift sign saying Falls where some land clearing is, continue on the top road.
- If you follow this trail you can't get lost and it will take you to the falls.
- Make sure you are wearing good hiking boots for this walk as there are a lot of narrow rocky cliff ledges to navigate around.
- There are some flat parts of the track but also some very steep descents.
- Be very cautious around the cliff edges as there's a lot of lose rubble with a nice drop below.