Region: South East
Location: South Hobart
Where: 5 minutes drive from Hobart
Walk time: 20 minutes
Walk distance: 1km
Difficulty level: Easy
20 July 2016
Today I had my three year old nephew come with me on a small hike to the 'Secret Falls' in the search for dragons and fairies. This is a great little short walk for children and is close to Hobart.
I had a $10 Kmart pram, not the best wheels and the little guy found it pretty bumpy. I told him to pretend he was on a ride at a theme park. That worked lol
HOW TO GET THERE:
- Head up past the Cascade Brewery on Cascade Road South Hobart.
- Turn first right onto Old Farm Road.
- Follow Old Farm Road right around the bend and up to the top of the road. There will be a boom gate. Park here.
- Follow path up to the sign that says Myrtle Gully Track.
- Continue along this until you get to some rocky looking steps.
- Just past this on the left you can veer down onto a narrow track that takes you to the falls.
- If you hit the first bridge you have gone too far.
- Make sure to carry a water bottle to put out the dragons flames.
- Keep your eyes peeled for dragon foot prints on the path.
- The fairies are normally hiding beside the little fungi in the woods, make sure you take binoculars as they can be very hard to see
because of their size.